10. Miranda Otto (42) Born December 16, 1967 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Mostly known for playing Éowyn, the kings daughter who fell in love with Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of the King. Miranda Otto also acted in movies such as The 13th Floor, What Lies Beneath, Flight of the Phoenix, War of the Worlds, The Starter Wife, Cashmere Mafia and In Her Skin.
Otto married actor Peter O’Brien in January of 2003 and gave birth to daughter Darcey two years later. Miranda was actually pregnant with Darcey while she was filming War of the Worlds, which almost cost her the part.
1. Gave up studying a medical career to pursue acting
2. Took The Lord of the Rings part from Uma Thurman and Kate Winslet
3. Is extremely pale because her ballet teacher would not allow her in the sun.
4. Learned sword fighting and horseback riding for The Lord of the Rings
5. Gave up a medical career to pursue acting
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Lord of The Rings
9. Nicole Kidman (43) Born Nicole Mary Kidman on June 20, 1967 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Though Nicole wasn’t born in Australia, her parents are in fact Australians and when Nicole was 4, the family returned to their native land. Kidman is mostly known for movies such as Eyes Wide Shut, Moulin Rouge!, The Others, The Hours, Cold Mountain, The Stepford Wives, Bewitched and The Golden Compass.
Kidman first married Tom Cruise in 1990 with whom she adopted a daughter, Isabella Jane, and a son, Connor Anthony. They separated in 2001. Kidman married country singer Keith Urban in 2006 and had their first daughter, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, on July 7, 2008.
1. Best Friends with Naomi Watts
2. Writes short stories in her free time and hopes to publish them one day
3. Does all her own nude scenes
4. Is a pianist
5. Is allergic to strawberries
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: The Others
8. Cate Blanchett (41) Born Catherine Élise Blanchett on May 14, 1969 in Melbourne, Australia. Blanchett is mostly known for her award winning role in Elizabeth as Queen Elizabeth II, as well as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Other movies include The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Aviator and Robin Hood.
Blanchett and her playwright husband and screenwriter husband Andrew Upton married in 1997 and have three sons: Dashiell John (born December 3, 2001), Roman Robert (born April 23, 2004) and Ignatius Martin (born April 13, 2008).
1. Kept and bronzed her elf ears from The Lord of the Rings
2. Enjoys making lists and crossing items off as she accomplishes them
3. Four of her five Oscar nominations are for playing real people
4. Actually likes wearing a corset
5. Is extremely Eco-friendly
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
7. Naomi Watts (42) Born Naomi Ellen Watts on September 28, 1968 in Shoreham, Kent, England. Watts didn’t actually move to Australia until she was 14 but her grandmother was Australian so she gets a pass. Watts is known for movies such as Children of the Corn IV, The Ring, King Kong, The Painted Veil, Funny Games and The International.
Watts has been dating actor Liev Schreiber since 2005. They have two sons together, Alexander “Sasha” Pete born in 2007 and Samuel “Sammy” Kai born in 2008.
1. Is a vegetarian
2. She has a Yorkshire terrier named Bob
3. Her favorite comfort food is baked beans
4. Wanted to be an actress after watching “Fame”
5. Her favorite sports are soccer, boxing, and tennis
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: The Ring
6. Rose Byrne (31) Born Mary Rose Byrne on July 24, 1979 in Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Mostly known for playing Ellen Parsons in the FX Network drama Damages but has also been in several known movies such as Star War Episode II, Troy, Wicker Park, Marie Antoinette, 28 Weeks Later, Knowing and Get Him to the Greek.
Byrne has a tendency to date directors such as Gregor Jordan and Brendon Cowell. She dated Cowell for over six years and he even followed her all the way from Sydney to New York bu they broke up in the beginning of 2010.
1. Enjoys yoga, swimming and bicycle riding
2. Her favorite actor is Jack Nicholson
3. Likes to solve crosswords and to read
4. Her favorite singers are Bob Marley and Elvis Presley
5. One of her favorite actresses is fellow Australian Toni Collette
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Wicker Park
5. Poppy Montgomery (35) Born Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue on June 19, 1975 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Montgomery is known for playing Samantha Spade in the TNT drama Without a Trace but has also acted in some random unknown movies such as Dead Man On Campus, Blonde and Murder In The Hamptons.
Montgomery and boyfriend, actor Adam Kaufman, have a son together, Jackson Phillip Deveraux Montgomery Kaufman, born on December 23, 2007.
1. Out of all her names, Poppy chose her mother’s maiden name, Montgomery, as her stage name
2. Arrived in Hollywood at 18 carrying a copy of “How to Make It In Hollywood”
3. Enjoys board games, horseback riding and snowboarding
4. One of her hobbies is photography
5. Practices a lot of yoga
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Without a Trace
4. Yvonne Strahovski (28) Born Yvonne Strzechowski on July 30, 1982 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia to Polish parents. Mostly known for playing special agent Sarah Walker on Chuck. Strahovski also acted a in a few unknown movies such as Gone, I Love You Too and Matching Jack.
She sent in her audition tape for Chuck while she was in the states auditioning for Bionic Woman. After Chuck producers saw her undeniable chemistry with Zachary Levi, she immediately got the part of her life.
1. Likes Italian foods
2. Was a straight-A student in school
3. Had a nose ring for five years
4. Speaks fluent Polish
5. Has a Bachelor of Arts in performance
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Chuck
3. Anna Torv (32) Born April 15, 1978 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Mostly known for her role as Agent Olivia Dunham of the Fringe division in the FOX drama Fringe. Torv had appeared in other TV Series like White Collar Blue, Young Lions, The Secret Life of Us and Mistresses as well as the British movie version of Frankenstein.
In December 2008, Torv married her Fringe co-star Mark Valley, who also stars in his very own FOX drama named Human Target where he plays Christopher Chance. Unfortunately they divorced two years later.
1. Is of Estonian descent
2. Enjoys horse back riding
3. Is a great swimmer and surfer
4. Hikes in her free time
5. Narrates the voice of Nariko in the video game “Heavenly Sword”
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Fringe
2. Emilie De Ravin (28) Born December 27, 1981 in Mount Eliza, Victoria, Australia. Mostly known as playing Claire Littleton on the ABC drama Lost. De Ravin is also famous for the role Tess Harding on Roswell, Curupira on Beastmaster and for the movie Remember Me, opposite Robert Pattinson (Edward of Twilight).
Married boyfriend of three years, actor Josh Janowicz, in Melbourne, Australia on June 19, 2006. Unfortunately six months after they married they decided to separate. De Ravin now lives in Los Angeles with her poodle Bella.
1. Studied ballet since she was 9 and accepted into the Australian Ballet School at 15
2. Her paternal great-great-grandparents were French
3. Is allergic to peanuts
4. Her favorite food is Sushi
5. When she isn’t working, she enjoys gardening
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Lost
1. Portia De Rossi (37) Born Amanda Lee Rogers on January 31, 1973 in Horsham, Victoria, Australia. Mostly known for playing lawyer Nell Porter on the FOX network drama Ally McBeal. She also appeared in shows such as Veronica’s Closet, The Twilight Zone, Arrested Development and Better Off Ted.
In 2004 De Rossi began dating comedian and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and for the first time came out as being openly gay. On August 16, 2008, De Rossi and DeGeneres tied the knot in their Beverly Hills home.
1. She enjoys riding horses in her free time
2. Shares a birthday with her grandmother, who was born in 1907
3. Legally changed her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres
4. Published a book called Unbearable Lightness about her life struggles
5. She struggled with the eating disorder anorexia nervosa for four years
Favorite TV/ Movie appearance: Ally McBeal