1. Though she looks African-American (and maybe a little Native American), she is actually half Dominican and half Puerto Rican. The interesting part is that she considers herself a black woman and nothing else.
2. Zoe admires Angelina Jolie and Whoopi Goldberg. Funny… if Angelina and Whoopi would have a baby, it would look exactly like Zoe Saldana.
3. Saldana had never actually seen the original Star Trek series before getting the part of Uhura. Instead, she met with the original Uhura actress, Nichelle Nichols, and trained in martial arts, archery and horseback riding
4. Zoe studies ballet at the Ritmos Espacio de Danza academy (actually known as “ECOS Espacio de Danza Dance Academy) in Puerto Rico before the age of 17
5. Saldana is a huge fan of fashion and has her own fashion line called Arasmaci, influenced by her Dominican heritage